Personal Academic Tutoring and Student Services. Never the twain shall meet or perfectly entwined?
Thursday, September 03, 2020 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM
If you are a registered delegate, please login to view the full session information and resources
Join us for this special webinar presented in conjunction with AMOSSHE. This webinar will look at the relationships between personal academic tutoring and student support services and consider what is working well and what could be improved.
The webinar will take the form of a panel discussion with UKAT and AMOSSHE professionals discussing their experiences of the interface between personal academic tutoring and student support services. This important relationship is often either taken for granted or not properly considered. The webinar aims to stimulate thoughts and reflection on how it currently works in your institution and how it could be improved. The panel will also answer questions from the audience.
The panel for this discussion will be:
- Professor Michael Draper, Director Swansea Academy for Inclusivity and Learner Success, Swansea University
- Melissa Jacobi, Head of Academic Advising, Sheffield Hallam University
- Sarah Smart, Student Transition and Welfare Manager, Sheffield Hallam University
- Simon Lightfoot, Pro-Dean for Student Education in the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Leeds
- Nic Streatfield, Head of Student Support & Wellbeing, University of East London
The panel will be chaired by Dr Emily McIntosh, Director of Learning Teaching and Student Experience, Middlesex University